Bset services: Chartered Building Surveyors

Residential and commercial building surveying services in stockport, tameside, trafford, cheshire and high peak


Regulated by RICS        0161 430 3574       


Copyright 2010


Building Surveyors.

Legal Requirements

In England and Wales since 1st October 2008 all prospective owners and occupiers of homes for sale and rent and commercial properties which are have a floor area above the specified size and 'conditioning requirements' all require an ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE (EPC).


Only 'accredited' energy assessors can produce the Energy Performance Certificate and can 'lodge' the EPC on the approved government register of EPC's


The EPC is valid for a period of ten years although if substantial alteration or refurbishment is undertaken the EPC can be updated although this is not a legal requirement the updating would assist with the marketing and energy efficiency of the property concerned.


BSET Services: Chartered Building Surveyors are accredited through the RICS for the production of EPC's for Domestic and level 3 and level 4 commercial buildings.  This includes new build commercial buildings.


Level 3 buildings are traditional construction and use domestic style heating systems.  Level 4 building are more complex with larger boilers and may include air conditioning.


Energy Assessment Services




Domestic Energy Assessments are offered to home sellers, private and social landlords throughout Greater Manchester, Cheshire and North Derbyshire. 


Fees start from £45 including VAT.




Commercial Energy Assessments are offered to commercial landlords and owners throughout Greater Manchester North Derbyshire, Cheshire and North Wales.


Fees start from £100 including VAT and depend on complexity of the building and systems


In all cases call or email for a competitive quotation to suit the individual building and location.